Monday, January 18, 2010

Tuesday I will become an American Citizen

Tuesday will be a very exciting day for me as I swear allegiance to the American Flag. I have thought about this day for a very long time. I came to this country in August, 1991. Initially, I was on an athletic scholarship, then two H1b's visa, one optional practical training card, an O Visa, before finally receiving my Green Card five years ago. Back to running......

In 2010, I would love to complete the process by proudly wearing a U.S singlet in competition. My first opportunity to qualify may come in March at the USATF 50K champs. The venue for the World Trophy 50K will be announced next weekend. The front runners are Italy, Holland and Australia. I think a sub 2:55 top three finish should make the team. This will require going through 26.2 in about 2:25-26 or so and then pushing on the for the last 5 miles.

I get the impression that this years race will be very competitive. Hopefully, the weather in NJ will cooperate.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Malcolm! Congrats on US Citizenship (although I am a little sad...)! It would be cool if you could link your 2010 Race Schedule to the individual race web sites. Then I'd know where you're racing and where I might see you. It was fun to watch/harrass you in September! I know you're going to have a great 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's a blog you may be interested in:
    http://run192.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. The World Trophy 50K will be held on August 29th in Galway, Ireland.

    ReplyDelete